1 This Privacy Notice is to help you understand how and why we collect personal information about you and what we do with that information. It also explains the decisions that you can make about your own information.
We are Little Hart’s Music (LHM). LHM operates in Merstham and Redhill and surrounding areas.
Co-founder, MA Music Therapist
Tel: 07825 260201
4 Mansfield Drive, Merstham, Surrey,
What is personal information?
What personal information does LHM hold about you and how is this obtained?
Storage of Personal Information.
9. Your personal information is stored on a password protected laptop. Any paper copies are uploaded and destroyed.
Our legal bases for using your information
10. This section contains information about the legal bases that we are relying on when handling your information as described above.
11. The two tables below contain a general description of the different legal bases.
Legal Obligation (“LO “)
We have to comply with various laws and this entitles us to use your information where necessary.
· to fulfil our duty of care to you and your child;
· we have to fulfil our safeguarding duties towards children; and
· sometimes we will be legally obliged to disclose your information to third parties such as the DBS, local authorities or the police.
Performance of a Task carried out In the Public Interest (“PI “)
The following are examples of when we use your information to perform tasks in the public interest:
· looking after your welfare and development and the welfare and development of others.
· safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children;
Legitimate interests (“LI “)
This means that LHM is using your information when this is necessary for the LHM’s legitimate interests except when your interests and fundamental rights override our legitimate interests.
We have a legitimate interest in using your information to:
i. promote LHM including fundraising, marketing and publicity;
Medical purposes (“MP”)
This includes medical treatment and the management of healthcare services.
Why does LHM use your personal information?
12.We commonly use personal information for:
12.1 Contacting you with information about your sessions.
12.2 safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all attendees.
13. Some specific examples of when LHM uses your personal information are set out below:
13.1 We often use photographs and video recordings of attendees, for marketing and promotion purposes. This will include in LHM publications, in social media and on LHM’s website.
13.2 We will also allow external publication of certain media where appropriate (for example, a photograph or article in a local newspaper)
How does LHM share staff personal information with third parties?
14. LHM will only share your information with relevant medical third parties. For example if you have been referred to LHM for post-natal music therapy sessions with your baby.
15. LHM will never sell or share your information to a third party not already involved with you/ your baby’s care.
16. We may need to share your information if there is an emergency, for example, if you are hurt in an accident.
For how long does LHM keep personal information?
17. When you and your child leave our groups we will hold your records for 6 months.
18. If consent has been given for use of photographs these will be stored and used indefinitely.
19. The storing of clinical data and personal information following post natal music therapy sessions will be stored for 8 years after treatment.